July 22nd, 2015
Are overstuffed, disorganized closets an issue in your home? Could summer finally be the time for a design and space upgrade? Cluttered closets are often a big problem in Louisiana. Additionally, if a homeowner is considering selling a home or townhouse, storage disorganization will tell prospective home buyers that there is not enough closet space. Louisiana Custom Closets will solve this common problem by designing an efficient, custom organization system for every living space.
In today’s new construction, modern closets tend to be designed with space in mind for a number of reasons. Plus, having a beautiful walk-in closet in the master bedroom is both a necessity and a convenience. The old, one rod bedroom closet is out, and a professional closet makeover is in, improving the value of any home with shelving units, wire baskets, built-in shoe racks, and built-in cabinets. Each is efficient, attractive, and will increase home value and storage capability.
Reorganizing with Louisiana Custom Closets will increase the value of the home with the investment of custom closets in three ways:
- Increase importance to potential home buyers: Potential buyers look for adequate storage and closet space and when they see a home with a professional organizing system that home tends to stand out in their minds. In today’s market, custom closets are important for this reason.
- Improve storage within older Louisiana homes: Many older homes have smaller closets and not enough closet space for prospective buyers. Homes that have proper closet space are more desirable to a potential buyer. Today, some real estate agents will suggest investing in custom closets before placing the home on the market.
- Simplify and organize for both style and elegance: Many people never plan to move or sell their home. Louisiana homeowners can still reap the benefits of custom closets and the organization it brings to their home and life. The added home value will always be there as well as peace of mind.
Louisiana Custom Closets can remodel and organize any closet to streamline organization and help increase home value before selling a home. Call Louisiana Custom Closet’s office now to make an appointment with our professional designers for a free in-home consultation.
July 8th, 2015
Louisiana homeowners know that interior shutters add beauty and functionality to every home, and they are the main reasons many Louisianans have plantation shutters. Adding these shutters as the finishing touches to any and every room with sun exposure can complete the vision of true southern style.
Why are interior plantation shutters so popular for Louisiana Custom Closets’ customers? For one reason, they are less expensive than custom draperies, and as we all know, every dollar counts in this economy. Secondly, plantation shutters can increase the value or sale of a home because they are considered fixtures that can make or break a home purchase. Most importantly, they are simple, sophisticated and smart.
Louisiana Custom Closets offers the styles that give rooms the look the homeowner wants based on the owner’s needs and wants. Plantation shutters can be custom designed and built to fit any size or shape window, and they are designed with long-term performance and timeless beauty in mind. They’re good insulation for Louisiana windows as well and help to keep energy bills lower in both the summer and winter months. Plus, they can be motorized for a child-friendly cordless window covering or for anyone who has a disability.
Louisiana Custom Closets offers two popular styles of interior plantation shutters:
- The timeless bi-fold plantation shutters. This simple style is easily folded back against the wall exposing the light and the view. If it’s too cold or too sunny, just close the shutters to keep unwanted heat or cold out.
- The very versatile double hung shutters. These shutters offer many options for homeowners by using divider rails; the top panels can fold back against the wall leaving the bottom panels closed for privacy or vice-versa. The shutters can also open to expose the entire window. It’s a pretty cool function that blinds and drapes simply do not offer in their respective designs.
Are plantation shutters the next home upgrade for your home, condo, or townhouse? Call our professional design team, and we’ll be glad to come out for a free in-home consultation. At Louisiana Custom Closets, we are in the business of making homes more comfortable and functional. Call us today and schedule your free visit.
June 24th, 2015
Is your home feeling a little too small? Before calling a real estate agent and starting a round of new home shopping, consider all of the extra stuff in your home. It seems the longer we live in our homes, the more stuff we accumulate. Before we know it, rooms have shrunk and we need to find new storage solutions. The folks at Louisiana Custom Closets are quite familiar with this situation and can help with new and stylish storage solutions.
Louisiana Custom Closets has been in business for almost 20 years and has helped many Southern Louisiana and Mississippi homeowners reorganize rooms in their home. Don Wise, owner, takes pride in successfully making Louisiana homes more comfortable and functional. His business has grown to three locations in New Orleans, Covington, and Baton Rouge.
Here are four of the most common areas that need reorganization with storage solutions from Louisiana Custom Closets:
- Laundry Room: In most homes, this small area, usually near the back door or upstairs between bedrooms, gets a lot of use, yet it doesn’t get the shelving attention it needs. Louisiana Custom Closets can remodel this room to make it more functional by adding counter space, cabinets, a sink, and shelving. By adding functionality to this room, it’ll be more efficient and save time.
- Play Room: As families grow and children get older, the need for more toy storage space increases. By adding open bins, various sized cabinets, bookshelves, and a possible window seat, the play room can be kept organized by increasing the storage space right in the room.
- Garage: Most garages become a catch-all for anything and everything, and the walls get lined with stacked boxes, brooms and empty totes. By cleaning out the garage and adding wall mounts, outdoor shelving, workshop space, recycle bins, and peg boards, all the necessary items will have their own place and your garage will look great! The car will really appreciate being back inside again.
- Closets: Our reputation over the years has been built through the quality of our closet organization! Clothes closets shouldn’t have items on the floor or draped over the door knob. By increasing the hanging and storage space in closets, it’ll be more efficient to find favorite items. An organized closet is a definite must-have in every home.
As we presented the above list, did an area of the house to mind that desperately needs to be reorganized? Louisiana Custom Closets would appreciate the opportunity to help home and condo owners with storage and organization projects in a cost-effective manner. Give us a call and we’ll be happy to make every home in Southeast Louisiana and Mississippi more functional to the needs and wants of every homeowner.
June 10th, 2015
As summer fast approaches, is it time for a home window makeover? Redesigning living spaces are often overwhelming tasks for many Louisiana homeowners. With so many choices in styles and colors available, the task of picking out want is needed and wanted can be hard to do. The expert guidance from our professional designers at Louisiana Custom Closets helps make everything a lot more fun.
Our team will listen to the client’s ideas on window treatment styles and colors, and offer the right suggestions for home improvement. With state-of-the-art technology, our designers will be able to calculate how your ideas will look in your home. With this effective tool, homeowners will be able to choose styles and colors more efficiently for their lifestyle.
Let’s look at the four ways Louisiana Custom Closets can help homeowners with window treatments:
- Affordability: Redesigning a room with new curtainsor drapes does not mean that homeowners will have to break the bank. Our designers offer cost-effective ways to transform every window and stay within budget.
- Experience: Louisiana Custom Closets has been in business for almost 20 years. Our knowledge and understanding make a difference in assessing an environment and offering a variety of ways to make it more functional, attractive, and efficient.
- Free In-home Consultation: A free in-home visit can start the process. Our professionals will visit your home, take measurements, and work with every homeowner to determine all the needs and wants for a sophisticated look. We integrate all the customer ideas to create unique comfort and function.
- Top-Quality Products: Our commitment is to provide each home with high-quality products that will last. We want Louisiana homeowners to enjoy their windows for years to come. We offer current styles, fabrics, and colors in first-rate products. We keep up-to-date on new and environmentally friendly materials as we continue to grow our inventory.
To take advantage of our services at Louisiana Custom Closets, please give one of our office locations a call from the numbers listed below. We will gladly visit your home for a free consultation.
May 20th, 2015
As we approach summer across Louisiana and Southern Mississippi, we are reminded that our summer heat can be very unbearable. May is the perfect month to think about how to keep homes comfortable during the long summer months without extravagant cooling costs. Our professional staff at Louisiana Custom Closets can help by giving some simple ideas.
According to the US Department of Energy, homeowners can save up to 25% of their cooling costs by using the right window treatments. There are a number of practical ways to keep the solar heat out by simply purchasing energy efficient window coverings, solar films, or awnings. And if homeowners are stumped as to what their home may need to be more energy efficient, just give the Louisiana Custom Closets a call and we will come to the house for a free in-home consultation.
Consider these five energy tips to keep cool this summer and save money:
- Before the sun hits the window each day, close your drapes or blinds and open doors to create a cross-breeze in that room.
- Install solar film to the outside of the window which can eliminate up to 90% of damaging UV rays from entering the glass.
- Consider installing awnings over south, southwest, and west facing windows. Awnings can reduce solar heat up to 77%. They can be easily retracted at night and during the winter months. Most awnings are made with specialized fabrics and the light-colored fabrics will reflect more sunlight.
- Purchase blackout window coverings which will block the sun’s damaging rays. Choose fabric that is a closed weave so the sun doesn’t shine through small holes. Louisiana Custom Closets has a wide variety of styles and colors to choose from.
- Exterior blinds can be mounted above the window and easily operated to lower or raise them. This is another efficient way to keep the sun off your windows.
These are just a few of the ways that Louisiana Custom Closets can help you with your air conditioning bills this summer. These are great ways to improve energy efficiency and still have a well decorated home. When choosing window treatments for energy efficiency, let the design team at Louisiana Custom Closets visit your home and offer more ideas that will fit your décor and lifestyle.
May 6th, 2015
Take this quick and simple one sentence test: Can your closet door be closed? If not, it’s time to get serious and make your closet more efficient. Many Louisiana homeowners have closets that look like they are from a scene from Hoarders with clothes on the floor, shoes everywhere, and misplaced items.
Louisiana Custom Closets knows how hard it is to keep closets organized and is offering some simple suggestions. With these tips, closet space is more efficient and it will be easier to find everyone’s favorite clothing items.
Louisiana Custom Closets offers three ways to transport closet space in order to help create functional, organized spaces where everything has a place:
- Organize Closets by Color: One of the easiest and quickest ways to organize closet space is to hang clothes by color instead of folding them. Place all blue blouses and shirts together, then put all white blouses and shirts together and continue with each color. Do the same with pants, dresses, skirts, and sweaters.
- Organize Clothes By Sleeve Lengths: If the closet area is large and includes double hanging shelves, it will be more functional to hang clothing by sleeve lengths. Put all short sleeves together on one side of the closet and then sort by color. Next put all long sleeves together by color on the other side of the closet. This method is more convenient and efficient. And it looks good too.
- Organizing Shoe Racks and Shelves: Too many shoes with nowhere to put them? Store shoes with a flat shelf within the closet or on a slanted shoe shelf. There are also small metal shoe racks that can be placed under hanging items. Both of these organizers are ideal, inexpensive and functional.
If you have been searching messy closets for specific items, closet reorganization will make every room look more attractive and efficient. To enhance closet space even more, give the professional Louisiana Custom Closets a call, and we will come out and offer other ideas such as shelving, floor storage, wall mount storage, and cabinets. Why not make the one room that gets a lot of use the neatest room in the house?
Call Louisiana Custom Closets today for a free in-home consultation for closet organization and more. Spring cleaning is the perfect excuse; make the appointment today.
April 22nd, 2015
Homeowners often wonder how to get a handle on home organization, while creating a neat look with additional storage in mind. This can be an overwhelming process especially for Southern Louisianans who often work away from the house every day yet want to come home to a neatly organized house. If there is a storage plan, we can put it into action. Our design team at Louisiana Custom Closets is just one of the reasons to call us for all of these important projects.
It makes sense to assess storage every new season. It seems the longer people live in their homes, the more cluttered every room gets over time. Purchasing items and finding a place for them somewhere in the house is never easy. There is always a time when we look around our rooms and closets and wish we could figure out a way to make them look neater. We may even envision a new look with attractive cabinets, shelving, art deco storage bins, and closets. Beginning custom projects and making them happen are as simple as placing a call to Louisiana Custom Closets.
The solutions for adding space to any home, condo, or business can indeed come to fruition because of our team at Louisiana Custom Closets. We will work with owners to design a new and attractive layout with more storing space. Just call us and our professionals visit right in the home to make the needed recommendations.
Imagine these five home storage problem areas that Louisiana Custom Closets can design and implement:
- The Playroom: With new wall units, shelving, cabinets, and drawers, this room can turn into a very organized toy room with a special place for each toy.
- The Laundry Room: Organizing a laundry room to make it more functional will enhance the look and increase efficiency.
- The Pantry: Wire shelving adds dust-free space and will help keep food items organized better.
- The Study: Give your office a more comfy feel with wooden cabinets and bookshelves while putting all that clutter into drawers or cabinets.
- Closets: Any sized closet can have instant eye appeal by organizing it to be neat and efficient at finding clothing items.
Whatever your storage dreams are for the home or business, Louisiana Custom Closets has the experience and knowledge to recreate an efficient and appealing look. Call us today at one of their offices listed below to set up an appointment.
April 8th, 2015
One room in the house that gets a lot of attention, action and activity is always the kids’ playroom. Often called the multi-purpose room, it usually has the clutter and overabundance of toys, games, educational items, dolls and Legos that are stored, or worse; piled up out in the open. Louisiana Custom Closets can help get the most popular room in the house organized and looking neat and attractive when unexpected visitors stop by or the kids hang out and play.
After all the holidays, sleepovers and birthdays, the children’s playroom usually looks like an array of post activity and misadventure. As grandparents, moms, and dads purchase lots of toys for the children’s enjoyment, the house usually looks like Santa’s workshop on any given day. All of this can be easily remedied by a visit from the professionals at Louisiana Custom Closets who can visualize numerous ideas for toy storage solutions.
Imagine these four ideas in the playroom that can help alleviate storage issues and help create more useful spaces:
- Those odd bump outs in the room and the corners can easily turn into more storage space with built-in shelving. Books, stuffed toys, small items, and collectibles will find the perfect home with this type of storage opportunity.
- A free-standing bench with pull-out drawers or cabinets will pass nicely for a seat under any window. The pull-out drawers and cabinets will keep games and other toys stored out of sight. Add thick cushions to the top of the window seat and children now have a favorite quiet spot to read a book or relax.
- By adding an island in the room, children can have ample desk space to color, paint, or do a puzzle. The island can have drawers or cabinets underneath to create more storage space for all those fun gifts and games.
- Corner cubbies add a touch of elegance to a multi-purpose toy room. These free standing cubbies can be painted white or a bright color to hold wicker baskets filled with play items.
Our playroom solutions and more are offered by Louisiana Custom Closets. We serve Southern Louisiana and Mississippi as well. Just call any one of our three convenient locations listed below and an experienced custom designer will come directly to the house for a free in-home consultation.
Remember, Louisiana Custom Closets and storage solutions go hand-in-hand.
March 25th, 2015
Most homeowners in Southern Louisiana and Mississippi need more storage space than ever, and that space can often be found in the upper floors with lofts and attics. Once these areas are properly insulated and ventilated, custom shelving and storage units from Louisiana Custom Closets will make that space usable and beneficial.
Most people don’t consider the possibilities of attic storage because these areas are usually not properly insulated and ventilated. Unfinished attics are often too warm in the summer season, and many items stored there can be at risk of getting damaged by temperatures. Once an attic is properly redone and maintained, an abundance of available space opens up to give plenty of extra room for seasonal items, clothing, furniture, and much more.
Attics and loft spaces can offer an array of unique options for storage space due to dormers, rafters, and angled interior walls. Louisiana Custom Closets can turn the area into a large walk-in closet area where items are easily found and readily available. If there’s a window in the attic, homeowners may also enjoy the area as a private retreat to read a book or catch a quiet nap.
Customizing attics and lofts by Louisiana Custom Closets will offer these added features:
- Wardrobe bags are an easy add-on solution and they can be placed from the collar beam that runs perpendicular to the rafters; special wardrobe items such as suits, special occasion dresses, and other special clothing can be stored in these bags.
- Hanging shelves can be an excellent addition as well and they can suspended from the rafters for smaller item storage such as knick-knacks, books, and small lamps.
- Storage alleys which run along the interior walls beneath the dormer make great space for shelves. This area has angled ceilings with little headroom so boxes of various sizes can be stored here. It makes a great space for shoes and even paperwork.
Transforming your attic space into more usable space can be both practical and convenient. Homeowners can always access their attics without going outdoors during inclement weather, and items can be easily hidden out of site leaving tidy and neat living areas.
Louisiana Custom Closets offers a free in-home consultation for homeowners by calling one of the phone numbers listed below. Now is the time to begin the attic and loft change to take advantage of these underutilized areas. Every space counts!
March 4th, 2015
Everyone loves shoes. In fact, most people have quite a collection. Now, we have a question for our shoe friends across Southern Louisiana. Are shoes cluttering up the closet floor? Often, as one of the most common items in a bedroom closet, shoes wind up in a spilled pile on the closet floor. A shoe organizer from Louisiana Custom Closets will help make your shoes and closet more organized and accessible.
Did you know that the average woman owns 17 pairs of shoes? Of those 17 pairs of shoes, approximately three pairs are worn on a regular basis. Women tend to purchase shoes that match an outfit or two. There is often a lot of thought into buying a nice pair of shoes. It is important to put some additional thought into closet organization and getting those pairs of shoes off the floor, increasing closet space and making the closet attractive and more functional. Louisiana Custom Closets has been making shoes and other clothing items more accessible for years complete with modern functionality and organization.
Louisiana Custom Closets has several storage options to choose from, and it is all about choice; imagine one of these three popular shoe organizers in the bedroom closet:
- Coated Metal Shoe Rack: This is one of the least expensive shoe organizers and quite practical. It’s a metal rack coated in white or black that’s durable and dust-free. It’s nailed onto the wall and comes in different sizes. The bars are slanted to hold each pair of shoes. It has a nice, clean look and it is very easy to see each pair of shoes.
- Wood Shoe Tower: A simple design that consists of slots for shoes or other small accessories such as hats, mittens, and scarves. The wood is usually natural or painted in simple white, but can be painted any color to match the room. The tower also comes in various sizes from a skinny 10-slot tower, or something larger for upwards of 30 pairs of shoes.
- Wood Shoe Cabinet: For elegance and strong visual appeal, a wood grained cabinet is a very good choice. This “cubby” comes in various sizes and can be made with a large open compartment on the bottom for larger boots and stacked heels.
With different choices of shoe organizers available, we offer the opportunity to get shoes out of the floor pile and sitting pretty in their own spaces.
Call Louisiana Custom Closets today for a free consultation.