February 18th, 2015
It won’t be long now before spring 2015 makes its debut in Southern Louisiana and Mississippi. With that in mind, it’s time to think about which rooms in our homes and offices need spring cleaning and a makeover the most. Storage and organization make the biggest difference with change, and they also makes our lives easier; for that reason, Louisiana Custom Closets is prepared to help get the needs of homeowners and business owners taken care of as we head to warmer weather.
Louisiana Custom Closets will organize any room in the office or home to make it easier to find the things everyone needs and uses. Whether it’s the garage, closet, laundry room, pantry, office, kid’s playroom, workshop area, or office storage; Louisiana Custom Closets has numerous solutions to fit every need. And best of all, the professional design team from Louisiana Custom Closets will visit your home or business environment for a free consultation.
Here are four storage solutions that Louisiana Custom Closets recommends:
- Double hanging solutions: By installing a double hanging configuration, more clothes space will be easily added to any closet.
- Wall mounts: This setup will enhance the looks of any room such as a kid’s playroom, office or garage. Wall mounts will get items off the floor and into a selected area for storage.
- Islands: Adding an island to a closet, kitchen, or work area will give added cabinet space and an additional countertop. An island adds much needed workspace in any room.
- Wooden cabinets: This is a great way to enhance looks while storing items that are not in use behind closed doors. Cabinets are a great complement to closets, kid’s playrooms, bathrooms, offices, libraries, and laundry rooms. There really isn’t any room that doesn’t look great with a wooden cabinet.
As the time gets closer to tackle that spring cleaning project or that major storage reorganization as warm weather begins, give the professionals at Louisiana Custom Closets a call for a free consultation. Louisiana Custom Closets will make your spring cleaning projects less of a chore and more of a desired outcome as your living and work spaces become clutter free and more organized for both efficiency and opportunity.
Call us today and get more organization into whatever you do!
February 4th, 2015
We see it everywhere across Southern Louisiana: the messy garage. The residential garage is probably the best place at the house for storage and for cars, but we often see it misused and overstuffed. In many cases, the mess is everywhere from the back entrance to the garage door. Now is the moment. Spring is coming and it is a great time of year to simplify, organize and declutter the garage and make things right before summer.
Did you know that over 30% of garages don’t have room for parked cars? The clutter has simply taken over. At Louisiana Custom Closets, we want to help with garage technology that brings the space together for organization and a wide variety of purposes.
As with any project, we all have to begin from the beginning. Setting aside a weekend to work in the garage is a must and a great first start. This will help with the initial overhaul. During this reorganizational period, make the tough choices: What do we keep? What do we give away? What do we throw away? After this first phase of organization happens, call in the professionals at Louisiana Custom Closets to assess needs and purpose. We offer expanded garage storage, shelving, wall storage, recycling bins, overhead storage, pegboards, and other organizational strategies that make your garage the best looking one in the neighborhood.
Louisiana Custom Closets suggests four important steps to organize the residential garage:
- Create three areas outside of your garage: The areas are for items to keep, items for donations, and items for trash. Go through everything in the garage and decide what to do with each item, putting it in the assigned area.
- The Keepers: Articles that will be kept should be important and usable. Hand tools, garden tools, sports equipment, and frequently used ladders and containers should stay.
- The Losers: The garage is always the last place for all of the forgotten items. These include many things that are beyond repair: old computers and electronics, boxes of old clothes, bikes, expired chemicals, chairs, benches, beach umbrellas, and paint cans.
- The Donations/Sellers: Many of our garage possessions are still useful and can be sold at a yard sale or donated. Old tools that are still workable, outgrown toys, unused bicycles, old cabinets, are some examples. Call your local thrift store, Salvation Army, or Habitat for Humanity to see if they’ll pick up these items.
Once the main chore of deciding what to keep and what to toss or donate is done, it’s time to call in the professionals. At Louisiana Custom Closets, our design team will organize your garage to accommodate your vehicles and everything else.
Contact us today for a free consultation.
January 21st, 2015
Southern winters are usually mild and it is a good time of year to let the sun shine in and warm up our homes, businesses, and apartments. One of the easiest ways to let the sun shine in is to use top window treatments with no drapes.
At Louisiana Custom Closets, we offer many custom designed valances to warm up our Louisiana homes.
Valances are a quick and strikingly beautiful way to freshen up any room without making too many changes. They’re simple, decorative, and functional. These window toppers soften the room while letting a volume of light which is perfect for our mild winters. They can be mounted on rods, poles, or boards with or without drapery panels.
Louisiana Custom Closets offers a wide selection of valances styled for our climate. Choose from a scalloped edged style to a waterfall styled valance. We have numerous colors to pick from that will match any Louisiana décor while adding true functionality. Big prints, small prints, and subtle prints are also available. Our custom designed window accents are made of high-quality fabrics that will last a lifetime, while enhancing the overall look of a room.
Valances are versatile window treatments which soften atmosphere, add color, or add a degree of calm to any room in the home. Kitchens are the most popular room to add a window topper without any curtains. But, a bright playroom for the kids can be created by using a valance with or without sheer panels or drapes. Living rooms are another popular choice as the midday winter sun warms the room by using a decorative window topper with sheer or light panels. They are great window accents for any window that needs to be exposed to light.
If you are thinking of a simple way to decorate your windows and enhance your living space, call Louisiana Custom Closets today to schedule a visit from one of our designers and receive a free quote. Our designers will help determine the best interior window treatment for your room along with fabric choices that will add color and warmth.
It is the time of year to let in the light!
January 7th, 2015
Now that the holidays are over and the New Year has begun in earnest across Louisiana, it’s time to think about where and how to store all those new clothes found under the Christmas tree. Adding wood closet organizers is a great way to find a dedicated spot for your new items. Louisiana Custom Closets has a variety of storage solutions to add space to your existing closet that greatly helps with organization.
Let’s face it; we all have more clothing items than we actually need and closet space often gets cluttered. A good way to solve this space issue is by adding wood drawers and cabinets to increase closet space. Wood storage solutions come in various shapes, sizes, styles, and colors, and Louisiana Custom Closets has the most popular brands and the best selection. It is your choice to add something classy, traditional, or whimsical to create a personal desired style.
Louisiana Custom Closets offers three key benefits, with the addition of a wood closet organizer, to home storage needs:
- Most closets have a hanging rod with a shelf above it for your clothing. But not all clothes need to be hung. By adding a wooden cabinet with drawers, your closet space will increase for your non-hanging items.
- Time will never be wasted finding a needed item. All non-hanging clothing can be stored inside a designated drawer in the wood cabinet. Sweaters, jeans, t-shirts, even undergarments are all items that need drawer space rather than hanging space. Eliminate sweaters stacked on top of shelves or jeans piled on the floor.
- Wood closet organization enhances the look of any closet. With clean lines and a built-in appearance, the look of closet storage within any home becomes attractive and upgraded.
To see how our wood storage solutions look in your closet spaces, contact Louisiana Custom Closets at the number listed below to set up a free consultation. Our professional designers are experienced in making Southern Louisiana and Mississippi storage areas look good while increasing room space. By simply adding smart storage, every piece of clothing and related items have a place to call home.
Make a good New Year’s Resolution and neaten up every closet in the house, from master bedroom to pantry in January!
December 17th, 2014
As homeowners know, the Southern Louisiana and Mississippi nights can be a little chilly during the holiday season. That’s why it’s important to consider thermal drapes on room windows to make the home more cozy and efficient. At Louisiana Custom Closets, we offer beautifully lined and thermal drapes that keep residences warm and your rooms stylish at the same time.
As family and friends gather around the fireplace this Christmas Season, they will be warmed not only by the fireplace, but also by a cozy room with no chilly drafts. Insulated drapes are effective in keeping the cold out and the warm, toasty heat in. Family and guests will notice how comfortable your home is and they may not ever want to leave!
What’s more, investing in thermal insulated drapes from Louisiana Custom Closets has three important advantages:
- Energy efficient drapes will save money: Keeping the house or condo warm during the winter season. Drafty windows will be a past memory with this wise investment. Studies have shown that home heating costs are reduced up to 25% with insulated window coverings. It is an asset that pays for itself in just a few short years.
- Thermal lined drapes are current and popular: Available in a wide variety of colors, prints, and fabrics make these additions to any room aesthetic and pleasing. Choose the design that best adds elegance and warmth to the room of choice.
- Professional designers and excellent customer care is the great reason to buy this holiday time of year: We offer plenty of reasons to contact Louisiana Custom Closets for your new thermal curtains. Our professional and experienced team of designers specializes in quality window treatments that make lifestyles more personal and comfortable. Our design team offers many styles and colors to choose from for your home and service is our top priority.
Now that the winter season is upon us, it is time to consider an attractive solution to keep your living space both warm and cozy. Energy-saving window treatments make any home more comfortable for everyone, including Christmas visitors and it is an affordable strategy to heating and cooling efficiency.
Give us a call today!
Our family at Louisiana Custom Closets wishes you and your family all the blessings of a Joyous and Merry Christmas!
December 3rd, 2014
The biggest holiday of the year in Louisiana is Christmas Day and it is rapidly approaching. Did you get your Christmas Tree yet? Santa is heading for the chimneys in about three weeks! On Christmas morning under the tree, one of the most popular gift items found are fancy undergarments. If the master bedroom’s closet space is full of this type of apparel, Louisiana Custom Closets offers top-quality storage solutions that will keep these delicates in order and in place.
This holiday season consider adding a custom lingerie closet to your bedroom’s wish list. In our usually temperate climate of southern Louisiana and Mississippi, all of us enjoy soft, quality clothing to keep us cool. Soft and thin fabrics such as silk, satin, nylon, and high-quality cottons are always preferred. However, just throwing these fabrics into a drawer may cause catches, pills and pulls that are damaging. Instead, ask for a beautiful lingerie closet system where all these items will be found quickly and they’ll have their own rightful place in the closet.
Louisiana Custom Closets shares the following four benefits for closets intended for delicates and storage:
- Using our elegantly styled custom closets, dresser space will be freed up. All your small items such as hose, undergarments, and socks can be stored in a beautiful chest with lingerie drawer organizers.
- All your intimate items will be kept in one place in the lingerie closet. No more hunting through drawers to find a particular pair of socks or panty. Every item will have its place.
- Lingerie closets are designed specifically for undergarments. The chest drawers are small and not as deep so that everything is in a single layer. That makes it easier to find things. Put all of your whites in one drawer and all your colors in another drawer.
- We have numerous designs and colors to choose from at Louisiana Custom Closets and any one of them will enhance your closet space.
So, this year, ask for a gift from Santa that’s really special. Having your own custom closet for all of your personal clothing will be rewarding for years to come. Louisiana Custom Closets is committed to making your lifestyle more comfortable and enjoyable. Give one of our offices in New Orleans, Covington, or Baton Rouge a call today to schedule a free in-home consultation for your new closet.
We wish you the best holiday season and one filled with the joy and peace of family and friends.
November 6th, 2014
Many Louisiana residents in the Greater New Orleans Region pride themselves with having elegantly styled homes and rooms that blend simplicity with a warm and inviting feel. What might be a pleasant surprise to area homeowners is that decorative curtain rods can add just as much design to a room as the drapes and windows.
The living rooms in our area often feature stylish drapes in soft earth tones. If the drapes are the central focus, then spending money on big box products will probably take away from the effects of a beautifully staged room. At Louisiana Custom Closets, we offer professional advice and the highest quality hardware that add to the beauty of curtains and decor in every room. Selecting fashionable pieces like brass, antique gold, pewter, or carved wood only add to the ambiance.
If curtains are not a huge aspect of the living space, then adding a simple and attractive curtain rod with a wood, glass, or metal cap can make all the difference. We have many decorative styles to choose from that will improve the look of both the windows and the room.
Louisiana Custom Closets offers three areas of choice for the homeowner:
- Finials: Louisiana homeowners have so many choices and styles in finials to choose from. Finials will make your window treatments shine with a simple, elegant, or modern look
- Tiebacks: With some curtain rod designs, there are matching tiebacks that can add more class to your whole window treatment.
- Brackets: There are several types of brackets to consider such as swing arm, double rod, single rod, and adjustable.
Hardware comes in a variety of decorative shapes and styles. Call Louisiana Custom Closets in New Orleans, Covington, or Baton Rouge to have our design team visit your home with samples to review and consider. Louisiana Custom Closets prides itself on making everything more beautiful and comfortable.
We will gladly visit your home for a free consultation on window treatments or drapery hardware. We also offer storage solutions for the home. We serve all of Southern Louisiana and much of Southwestern Mississippi. Call us today!
October 8th, 2014
As the cooler weather approaches here in Louisiana, it’s time to switch from those summer clothes and bring winter clothes to the front of the closet. This is a time consuming task; yet it can be done more efficiently and less painfully with organization. Consolidating your closet with a system designed by Louisiana Custom Closets will make this semi-annual chore much more agreeable for everyone.
Take back control of your closet now. This is the best time of year to do it. Once the closets are redesigned and organized, headaches vanish and seasonal clothes are found more easily. Organization makes everything simple. In the long run, this is a real time saver and enhances the overall appearance of the closet.
At Louisiana Custom Closets, our design team will visit your home for a free consultation. We’ll discuss what your storage solutions are and show design layouts that enhance the efficiency of every space. We offer different storage solutions that fit large, small, or odd-shaped closets. Drawers, shelving, shoe shelves, and pull-out trays are all storage answers that increase enclosed spaces.
Here are five design layouts that help maximize closet space:
- Wire shelving adds a clean, bright look to any closet. It’s great to keep the dust off shelves and for anyone suffering from allergies.
- Wooden shelving adds an attractive, cozy look. We have different woods to choose from that are appealing and space saving.
- Handmade shelves, drawers, and cabinets may be needed for an area that is odd-shaped. Our master craftsman can create the perfect custom made storage solution for these areas.
- Double hanging systems will maximize storage space to visually find clothing items more easily.
- Islandscreate more storage space while adding a spot to sort or fold your clothing.
If you live in the Baton Rouge, Covington, or the New Orleans area, give us a call or drop by one of our locations today. Louisiana Custom Closets strives to make your lifestyle more comfortable. Although we can’t enlarge your closet, we can make use of every inch of space.
Remember to also call us for custom window treatments that will make any home even more beautiful!
September 24th, 2014
After a long hard day at work, there’s nothing more comforting than getting a good night’s sleep in the private retreat of the master bedroom. There are numerous ways to make this space inviting and cozy by controlling light, sound, color schemes, and overall appearance. At Louisiana Custom Closets, we create relaxing and attractive bedrooms every day.
Whether the sleeping quarters have large, small, or odd-shaped windows, Louisiana Custom Closets works with homeowners to create the ideal bedroom retreat privacy; through the use of computers, we can transform your bedroom into just the right space and show how colors and curtains affect the overall appearance of this critical part of a home environment.
Here are five idea starters to keep in mind with bedroom window treatments:
- Small windows: The illusion of height is easily created by hanging the valance or panel higher than the window frame. This creates an impression of a much larger window and larger room.
- Various window sizes: This can sometimes be distracting in appearance. By strategically hanging one window treatment over a group of windows, it’s more appealing to the eye and gives it an attractive impact.
- Ceiling-to-floor windows: During the day, this window type gives fabulous natural light, but this effect can be somewhat frustrating when trying to sleep. By adding full-length lined drapery panels, you’ll control the light and add privacy to the room.
- Fabric choices: By adding eye-pleasing fabrics such as satins and silk, the bedroom will take on a sophisticated and comforting look. For a more laid back style, choose linens, cottons, and sheers.
- Heavily lined drapes: Living on a busy street often demands these very effective window treatments to minimize noise and lights. These drapes are also excellent in the nursery or kid’s room.
The choices of window coverings for the master bedroom and general sleeping quarters should be stylish, soothing to the eye, and useful. Louisiana Custom Closets can show an array of options during a free in-home consultation. Our professional design team is experienced in adding quality window treatments to existing bedrooms for a more relaxing yet refreshing look. Give us a call and let’s make every bedroom a wonderful retreat.
September 12th, 2014
As summer comes to an end and autumn slowly takes over, it will soon be time to put away the garden tools and all the outdoor sports items, and exchange them for all the winter gear we will need. September is the best time to organize the garage to create more space for everything before the cooler weather arrives. Because Southern Louisiana homes usually have no basements or attics, most everything unnecessary is stored in the garage. Why not take the time to maximize space with a new round of organization?
Consolidating everything in the garage will get rid of the typical clutter chaos. Everything can have a place. Imagine a spot just for the gardening equipment; another space for all the hardware, tools and paint, and another area dedicated to waste and recycling. What we are envisioning in both style and design is possible with the guidance our professional team at Louisiana Custom Closets , who will maximize the garage’s great potential with just the right game plan.
Here are five space saving ideas that can make any garage your storage solution:
- FastTrack mounting system: This easy mounting system will get items off the floor. Cabinets, lights, and other items can be mounted with this unique system.
- Specific wall organization: We will de-clutter the garage by hanging garden items, sports items, and hobby items; each in its own place.
- Wire shelving: Place seasonal items in bins and then onto stylish shelves to keep them clean and easy to find.
- Bicycle hoist: Bicycles can be lifted off the floor and out of the way. This mechanism is easy to use, even for the kids.
- Work bench: The addition of a bench adds functional work space and drawers for even more small storage.
At Louisiana Custom Closets, we have an array of space saving storage ideas to give the garage a clean, uncluttered look while keeping everything in its place. Consider this an investment in organizing your peace of mind. The garage can now be an outdoor room ready to be organized in a fun and functional way.
Give Louisiana Custom Closets a call today to visit your garage and create an organization plan specific to your needs. The consult won’t cost anything, and everyone in the house will be amazed just how a garage can turn chaos into order.